Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recycled Laundry Soap

Have you seen this stuff?  I did not know it existed until I saw it on the store shelf.  Buffalo Recycled Laundry Soap is made out of of chips of soap left over from hotel rooms.  


Great recycling idea, or what? 
I'm so cheap thrifty that I always feel guilty throwing out soap ends so use up every last bit.  I shudder to think of all the waste that goes on in hotels, least of all the soap.


Another cool thing about this company is its local.  The soap is collected from Victoria hotels and made in Victoria, BC!  I hope they do well with it.  


The ironic thing is, just after buying this laundry soap I moved to a place with a front-end loader which is very specific on the type of soap it permits.  So, I "paid it forward" and gave my almost new bag of soap to a neighbour - she loves it.



No comments: